Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend Update

  • First of all, you need to check out Ed and Bill's blogs about Easter Sunday if you haven't yet. There's a cool thread of comments going on at Ed's. We really are becoming a church for the rest of us.
  • The attendance numbers are still coming in. I can't publish anything yet. Two things I can say: #1 - Sharpsburg had the largest 10:30 and Noon services ever and #2 - The final number will blow you away. On its first day, CCC Madras had about 314. What an awesome start for that campus.
  • We're hearing so many amazing stories from yesterday. I wish I could tell you all of them. The office is buzzing like crazy this morning. People who received our cards in the mail and walked in the door Sunday saying things like: "This sounded like a place where I could know I'm accepted. I've never felt that my whole life."
  • Four people were baptized in our services yesterday. A family of three and one of the members of our tech team. It doesn't get better than that!!!
  • On a personal note: My parents are now official attenders at CCC Madras. If you're over there, say hi and give them a big hug from me. I have a feeling that all my childhood secrets are no longer safe!!!
  • Yesterday was great but don't stop making invitations. Our new series "God for Dummies" is going to blow you away. I'll post more details later this week.
  • And last but not least...thank you, thank you, thank you to every single CCC volunteer who gave of their time and talent to make Easter such a great day. It's humbling that I get to be a part of a church with such passionate and gifted volunteers. Every single victory that we had yesterday at Sharpsburg and at Madras was made possible by God working through you. I love you all.

No comments: