Sunday, November 30, 2008

Heaven and Hell Questions

If you'd like to submit a question about what you heard in today's message, here's all you need to do. Click on the "comments" link below, then just type your question in the box and follow the instructions there to submit it. Then keep checking back over the next few days and I'll do my best to give you some answers in separate blog posts. Here's a few things to remember before submitting a question:
  • Only serious, honest questions, please. I don't have the time for it and I'll delete them if they're not.
  • Stay on topic!! Ask stuff that pertains to what was talked about in the message. If you need your mind refreshed, click here, go to "resources" and listen.
  • No "in-house Christian"debates. I try not to argue non-essential stuff with people who are on the same (eternal) team as me.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Jason, I was wondering if there is scripture that tells us whether we will still have free will in Heaven. And if so, can we develop an attitude of discontentment as Lucifer did? As Adam/Eve did in the Garden? Can there be another fall?

Anonymous said...

I know that you said that we are reunited with people we knew on earth when we get to Heaven, but do we have the same relationships with them in Heaven as we did on earth? For example, if you were married and your spouse died, would they still be your husband/wife in Heaven?

Jason Collins said...

Chris & Auddreyy: Great questions. I plan to start posting some answers on Wed. so check back then.

Adam said...

I may have misunderstood on Sunday, but it seems as though you said that we would be judged based on our life's deeds. I had always believed that it is our belief in Jesus that saves us, not our works.

kelly said...

I was just wanting an elaboration on the whole creamation thing, I reckon. My dad wants to be creamated and I was going to take him on his last sailing trip and spread his ashes in the Gulf of Mexico. Since God will be reuniting our souls with our bodies, does that mean that those that have been spread will not be found? What does the bible say about that? I am definately no theology major. Thank you.

Tina said...

Hey Jason, When Jesus told the thief on the cross that today he would be with him in paradise, how does that line up with 1 Peter 3:19
which states...through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison. I have never understood 1 Peter 3:19.

Jason Collins said...

Thanks for all these great questions. I'll start posting some answers for you very soon.

Chuck said...

As you stated Sunday, revelation 20:13 says "The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done." Does that mean that people who went to hell when they die get a second chance to get into heaven based on their deeds in life?