Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Great News from CCC Madras

Today our very first postcard dropped in mailboxes all over the west side of the county announcing the grand opening weekend of our 2nd campus at Madras Middle School. Many of these folks have never even heard of CCC or Church For the Rest of Us. They've never known that there was a place where they can come just as they are to hear the life changing message of the grace of Jesus. And it looks like things are already starting to roll. When I left the office today, we already had 120 brand new hits on the CCC Madras website. If you've got friends you're inviting to the new campus, tell them to check out the site and be there at 10:30 or Noon for opening day Easter Sunday March 23. Keep up with all the latest at Bill's blog. And definitely continue to pray for the team leading this effort and the unconnected people God is wanting to reach.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I figured that you could use someone to make a comment on your blog. There, I did! (GRIN)

No, this is my first journey to your blog.

The newest mail-out is tame compared to the last one but it is not the tame one.

I see you are reading the Contrarian book. I have read it and it is one of those books that, for the first time, has basically described where my head is at these days. Francis Schaeffer, Dallas Willard, Rob Bell, Donald Miller and Charles Swindoll have all contributed to my growth and reading pleasure over the years. The Contrarian was not an influence but a self-portrait, though not written by me, and really not about me in actuality. Fitting anyway!

Jason Collins said...

Thanks for the comment. I just started getting into the book. So far, I really like the way Osborne describes how Christians have turned many of the spiritual disciplines into another form of "religion".

Unknown said...

I would like to talk with you more. We spoke briefly this last Sunday in the foyer.

We too often tend to take very practical, Biblical truths and disciplines and turn them into rigid formulas. Too much like the Law, they become ammunition for drive by guiltings. Like the Law it becomes something that is talked about being a necessity but, too often, does not lift a finger to help us. The similarity being that the Law shows us where we fall short but stops there.

Real growth into Christ likeness comes from being with Him, learning to be like Him. The disciplines are a way of getting there in His way, that He modeled and desires to accomplish through us. After all, it is His life that is now in us and we need to be learning how to let Him do that through us.

Jason Collins said...

I enjoy reading your perspective. If you'd still like to talk, drop me an email and maybe we can set something up.