Wednesday, March 26, 2008

God For Dummies

As promised in my Weekend Update, here are the details for our brand new series starting this Sunday. You know how all those "dummy" books can take a massive subject and explain it in terms for anybody to understand? Well, that's what we'll be doing with the most massive topic there is...God. Nobody can fully understand God. He's just too much for one mind or a billion minds to handle. But here's the cool part. You don't have to fully understand God to know Him or relate to Him. And that's what this series is all about.

I know a lot of you have friends you'll be inviting to this series. Here's a week by week breakdown so you'll know exactly what's coming.
  • March 30 - Ed and I will team up for the message and give direct answers to some of the most often asked questions about God. Here's just a few: Where did God come from? Why doesn't God just reveal Himself? Is God all-knowing? and the classic...Can God make a rock so big that even He can't move it???
  • April 6 - Is God really a just God? Does He care about all the evil in the world or is He like a sweet old grandpa who overlooks it and says things like "Kids will be kids."
  • April 13 - God's patience and grace and how He's able to put up with stubborn people like me.
  • April 20 - If the Bible says God is my father, is He really just like my dad? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
  • April 27 - Can I really know if God created everything? (the answer will surprise you) And if He did, what does it really matter to my life anyway?
  • May 4 - Sorry...but this one I have to keep a secret because it's still being planned. Just trust me on this. If we can pull this one off, it could be THE most memorable service you've ever been to at CCC.
We are so super excited about this new series. Hope you guys are too. I'll see you this Sunday for week one. And if you want to see the commercial we showed you on Easter, head over to Ed's blog and watch. Email it to a friend and invite them to come. The easily offended may want to prepare themselves!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I has been stated that we can have knowledge but it is not exhaustive knowledge. That is a part of what it means to be in God's image. The same would apply to what we can know about God. It is true truth as revealed by Him through creation and His word primarily.