Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Update

  • We kicked off the "God for Dummies" series. For some reason, it took me a little while to get going on Sunday, mentally and physically. But once things got rolling I was fine.
  • I really love tag team preaching. It takes a lot of mental pressure off and it's a great excuse to make fun of Ed! And I always know if I'm stinking it up really bad, there's a good chance he'll pick up the slack and save me.
  • CCC Madras had another great day. Over 200 people showed up including 12 first timers. Bill and his team also mentioned that there were lots of people who came for the first time on Easter and then returned for their 2nd visit on Sunday.
  • I went to Hype United for a little while on Sunday night to check out how our student ministry was doing. I'm always impressed with the atmosphere when I walk in the room. It seemed like kids just kept pouring in. It was the first United service with students from the Madras campus (some who've never even been to Sharpsburg!!) They played several games of Deal or No Deal and it was hilarious. Some kid actually went all the way to the end and his case held the top dollar amount - $250!!! Kelley and his team always do an amazing job.
  • I seriously can't wait to speak this coming Sunday. We're talking about God's justice and how that relates to us. I'm not exaggerating when I say this. This message has one of the clearest, most in-your-face explanations of the gospel that I've ever given at CCC. Think about it this week and invite a friend who needs to hear it.

No comments: