Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Update

  • It sort of surprised me the amount of response I got from yesterday's message. But it proved what I said. We all deal with the lie that we're not good enough.
  • This Sunday, Ed talks about how we allow our secrets to define us. Should be another great service.
  • Demons got into the sound system at the Sharpsburg noon service. I had to stop in the middle of the message twice. It was really distracting but we were able to laugh about it and the crowd was very forgiving and supportive.
  • Remember when you hear the voices in your head this week, ask yourself: Who told me that?
  • Our Madras campus kicked off another Starting Point group and I hear it went really well. Love it when we see people step out of the crowd and get connected to what God's doing here.
  • Looking forward to partying with my small group this week.
  • This Sunday you'll hear about our new teaching series coming in June. Like I said in my last update, it involves something we've never done before at CCC. 
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks on planning teaching topics for the upcoming ministry year. I always love hearing what God puts in the hearts of our staff and dreaming about how He will use it to grow CCC.
  • The Braves play every night this week!!! (if it doesn't rain, of course)

No comments: