Wednesday, June 3, 2009

One Prayer begins this Sunday

This Sunday, CCC will take part in a series unlike anything we've ever done. We're joining together with thousands of churches all over the world to do a series of messages called One Prayer. Some of the best communicators in all of Christianity have contributed messages around the topic "God is..." So for the next 4 weeks, we'll be discovering more about the God we serve along with brothers and sisters all around the world. It's an amazing thing when you think about it. Jesus prayed just before He went to the cross that His followers would be united as one. It's always been a sad thing to me that for the majority of history, the church hasn't been the answer to His prayer. (Incidentally, doesn't it change your perspective a little when your prayers don't get answered right away? Jesus' prayer still hasn't been answered 2,000 years later!) And even though this series can't repair all the damage, I think it's awesome that through the power of video technology, we can partner with Christians literally everywhere on the globe. We've seen over the past year what a powerful tool video teaching is (right, Madras campus??) and I hope you all can be there to witness this amazing series. I've previewed the 4 messages we'll be hearing and I'm telling you - this is something you don't want to miss. I know it's June and I know some of you have vacations...but get here! Look at it this way, you get a break from me and Ed. That's worth it right there!!!

No comments: